Monday, October 19, 2015

Mixed Media Reverse Nature Canvas & Video Tutorial


Hi all! I know it's been a while since I posted a project, so I'm happy to share with you today a reverse style canvas I made on a 4"x 6" canvas using a TCW (The Crafter's Workshop) Mini-Brick Stencil, Shimmerz Paints and some NEW Dusty Attic chipboard!


Shimmerz Products used on this project:

~ Glorious Day Vibez
~ Truffle Spritz
~ Palm Reader Vibez
~ Don't Be Suede Coloringz
~ Green Olive Shimmerz
~ Greener Pastures Creameez
~ Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez
~ Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz
~ I Onxly Love You Inklingz (Jewel)
~ Olive U Truly Inklingz
~ Berry Hot Creameez


Dusty Attic Products used on this project:

~ Indian Arrow
~ Rushes #2
~ NEW Dusty Attic Texture Paste


TCW Stencil used in this project:

~ Mini Bricks (6x6 inch stencil)

So to make things easier I did up a video tutorial on how this project was made.  So grab yourself a lil break and enjoy! xo



Hope you enjoyed watching.....here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure....


I just love all the new chipboard pieces Jennifer Hedger has added to the Dusty Attic Store!  This piece is called Indian Arrow....so many fun things you can do with this one!  I did a little quick painting with Shimmerz Creameez & Inklings, then added some twine and Bo Bunny adhesive pearls for a unique look.


For the butterfly, I printed off a butterfly image on an acetate sheet and cut out two sizes, gluing them together.  (I had the image on my old computer, so I no longer have the image to share....but you can find many printable butterfly images on Pinterest).  The metal embellishments are the key and keyhole embellishments from Graphic 45.  I used the TCW mini-brick 6x6 stencil with the NEW Dusty Attic Texture paste to get my background design.


I used a combination of Shimmerz Glorious Day Vibez, Truffle Spritz and Green Olive Shimmerz Paint for the background brick texture colors. NOTE: You can get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paint product in the color of your choice with your next Shimmerz Paints order just by mentioning my name "Gabrielle" in the Instructions to Merchant/seller part of your order.  Shimmerz Store. xo

Hope you enjoyed today's post! thanks so much for stopping by, your comments and feedback are always appreciated and make my day!  (For anyone looking for DA chipboard, Janene at The Scrapbook Diaries has a large selection, including their new texture paste! :)


21 comments:

Sandy said...

Pretty YES - mess NEVER!
Sandy xx

Sandy said...

Thanks for the tutorial - I will watch it again!!!
sandy xx

Cathy Barbera said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and textures. Your work is so inspiring.

Unknown said...

Eu amei !!! <3

francie said...

TFS the video. You make everything look easy, while obviously enjoying the creation process. Beautiful attention to details. Fran (Quick Silver @ sb.com)

momandjack said...

I am in awe of your artwork ... I watched you do this but still can't believe how it came together. Beautiful!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Very lovely Gabi!! This is gorgeous and deserves a 'proper place' on the wall!
I appreciate your tutorial so much! One would think Spritzing on some Shimmerz and letting it drip all over would be relatively easy! : ) LOL
(since I love to make a mess...)
But your video's really put things in perspective and offer so much 'step by step' help and information. Thank you!
I like the idea of the acetate butterflies. Very pretty embel's here! Beautiful work.
Hope all is well~
Karen

Chrissy said...

STUNNING...love the colours and textures and gorgeous design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Four11Lady said...

EVERYTHING that you do is just absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your projects and for doing the step by step videos. I love what you do...........

Sanderella said...

Enjoyed so much! Thanks for sharing, and shared on my FB personal page....

Romy said...

You really know how to use mixed media in the most gorgeous and innovative ways. Your canvas looks simply gorgeous!

karlalala said...

I could watch your video's all day. You are UBER talented!!

Silvia Mares said...

woooowwwww.... super trabajo.... admiro tu arte!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your canvas is gorgeous! I love the texture you added, the elements and colors - wonderful. And, your video was perfect!

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous canvas, Gabi! Love the butterfly!

Janene said...

really beautiful Gabi!!!!! Not that I am surprised - all you touch is beautiful!

Beverley said...

So effective Gabi! Love your brick stencil work and beads in diagonal corners.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Gabrielle,

ich liebe deine Tutorials und bin immer wieder begeistert von deinen Werken. Der Bilderrahmen ist wunderschön gestaltet. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Lizzyc said...

Such a gorgeous little canvas, love the brick wall stencil and fabulous feather chippie.. The video was not loading so I will come back to watch it.. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful creating!

jenny said...

Another video, another masterpiece........Beautiful!
Hugs
jenny

Unknown said...

You make everything look so very easy though it is far from that. Your work is just amazing and no doubt one of my favorites on youtube. Thank you for sharing your talent and beauty♡

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails