Friday, July 22, 2016

NEW Masculine Style Scrapbook Diaries Kit! (and Additional Dusty Attic Page...Kit Available As Well!!)


Hi All!  It's been a crazy busy summer here for me and my family but I did manage to get some good scrapping time in!  I was in the mood to do some masculine style scrapping and the good news is that this is a page kit that you can get at The Scrapbook Diaries!  All materials I used to make this kit including the chipboard, metal accents, stencil and mixed media materials is in this kit along with unlimited access to a private online video tutorial that I created for this kit.


The photo on this page is actually of pic of my son-in-law to be! (above is a pic of the two them)  Last week my oldest daughter got engaged!  Where has time gone??!  The pic is one from a tough mudder he did (obstacle course through mud and all sorts of grueling obstacles...my daughter did one with him a few weeks back)....he was wearing a Bane mask from the Bat Man movie, I thought it would be fun to make a nice grungy looking page to frame this pic!.  I made this page for his mom who took this pic of him, I'm going to frame it and give it as a gift to her.


Back to the kit....as you can see here there are a lot of really fun accents and techniques in this kit page, this is a sneak peek photo I shared on my Instagram account a little while back (my instagram name is Gabrielleshutterbug for those that follow Instagram)


There are some really interesting and unique chipboard pieces in this kit (all included of course) and you'll be able to watch how I create the fun grungy texture I added to the chipboard pieces in the video tutorial that goes with the kit.


As always I love to add fabric and textural elements to a masculine page, here I used some burlap in the torn paper areas, giving a nice grungy look to the page design.


I used a fun new Dusty Attic stencil called Bubbles to create a unique background design using a negative resist technique with a couple of great Faber Castell Gelato colors in Pistachio and Chocolate.  I think you guys are going to love this product....IT DOES NOT WARP YOUR PAPER! This product can be used fairly dryly so you don't end up warping your paper from too much moisture. 


I used the Gelato's as well to color some of my chiipboard...this product is cool in the many ways it can be used!


I also added some rolled paper embellishing for an added textural element.  Here is another closeup of the background design and of some of the fun chipboard I used in this kit.....and of course, I had to add some of my lastest obsession....'Prills' (those little metalic copper gravelly bits)...I just love them, they add so much to a page!  These are also included in the kit! As always, Janine breaks up your options for a Basic Kit or a Complete Kit (if you already have certain items you can choose basic kit to save money)  So, ready to pick up your Picture Perfect Kit at the Scrapbook Diaries?  You can find it HERE.  

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  I always appreciate all the kind words and lovely feedback I get from all of you! Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful summer (and awesome winter for those of you down under!)







12 comments:

Romy said...

That's such wonderful news! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
Your layout is very masculine and very pretty. I love what you did with the chalk.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your daughter's engagement! So excited to see a new LO--you never disappoint. This page is lovely :)

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome layout, Gabi! Congratulations on your daughter's engagement!

Kathy Bradley said...

Woo hoo - congratulations to your daughter and her fiancee - and you and your family! I love this masculine page - it's totally awesome!

mommyx2 said...

I'm so happy you are back, I check all the time to see what you have created next!

Congratulations on your daughters engagement! Have I been following you that long??? Your daughters seemed like little kids just a few years ago!

Your layout is fantastic and what a wonderful gift for your daughters future Mother-in-law!

Lizzyc said...

Well firstly, congrats on the engagement of your daughter, and yes where does time go.... and secondly, your masculine layout is amazing, love all the chippies you have used and the aged and grunged up look of them... love the texture from the burlap and always love cogs on a blokey layout too.. thanks for sharing the photo of the ring.. it is stunning and I wish them all the very best...

Janene said...

Can't believe I haven't commented!!! Awesome layout and fabulous technique as always! Love the resist and look of this layout. Worked so well with the outdoor photo I used too - perfect for so many things. Thanks as always for making a great kit for the rest of us to treasure as well!

Laura Fdz said...

Efectivamente, el tiempo pasa muy rápido, pero las memorias que has guardado tan detalladamente con seguridad serán fuente de momentos hermosos al volverlas a ver y recordar esos acontecimientos, y para ti debe ser una gran satisfaccion cada vez que admiras tu trabajo en retrospectiva y aprecias la hermosa evolución que has tenido. Un LO hermoso, como siempre, con una muy bella combinación de colores y detalles. Un abrazo!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your daughters engagement!! Wow...seems like last week she was just 11...lol...love what you did here...gorgeous as always.

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats again to your daughter! What a cool layout! Wow, you definitely have some wonderful elements and fabulous textures going on! I just love this grungy look and such a great gift idea! I AM SURE she will LOVE it!
Sherrie K

Dria said...

Congratulations on the fun happenings in your family and good luck planning the wedding.
The page is terrific. the photo --very cool..a bit creepy toowith that mask!

Jacqueline Renee Perry-Nguyen said...

I love your mixed media scrapbook PAGES AND canvases. I've been following you on pinterest and Youtube! I love your work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails