Friday, July 29, 2011

Bo Bunny's Fast Friday!!

Okay, I have to admit, I'm one of those scrappers that takes their time with each and every page.  I used to rush and feel frustrated when I couldn't get a page done as quickly as I wanted to.  But finally I came to the realization that I actually enjoy the creative process and now I let myself enjoy it rather than make myself feel frustrated that a page is taking me so long.   BUT,  I know that there are many scrappers out there that just don't have the luxury of a lot of time to scrap, so getting a page done in a minimum amount of time is of key importance to them.  Bo Bunny challenged some of the DT girls to do a page for Fast Friday, that is to say, create a layout in an hour or less. 

I challenged myself to see if I could make mine in 45 minutes......I didn't make it......BUT! I did make the above layout in 1 hour! (I had my girls time me to keep me honest lol!)  Here are some tips in getting a page done quickly:

~ I started by choosing an old l/o of mine that I liked the design of and chose to copy the design (I find a lot of my scrapping time is spent on creating the page design and positioning my embellishments. Working off an old l/o helps cut off loads of time.

~ On my original l/o I did a lot of machine stitching, for this one I simply used a brown and black pen to immitate the stitched lines.

~ I often make my own blooms for my layouts, in this case I used ready made but you can also create your own in colors that you often use and keep them ready to go in a jar.

~ Gather together all your components for your layout and have them ready to go, it's easier if you stick to one collection's papers and embellies if you really want to work quickly.

~ Be organized. If you pull a pen or scissors etc. from your tool jar, put them back when you finish with them, I can't tell you how much time I waste looking for my tools under scraps of papers and embellishments!

~ I often save the backing to flourish stickers/chipboard and use them as masks, I keep them in a handy little zip-lock back within easy reach.

Here are a few close-up pic's of the above layout....



Bo Bunny supplies used to make this layout:
Patterned Paper: Vicki B: Floweret, Perky
Noteworthy: Vicki B: 3 styles (matting)
Chipboard: Vicki B
Stickers: Vicki B
Trinkets: Vicki B
Brads: Vicki B
Trims: Vicki B
Stamps: Timepiece & Flourish set
Jewels: Vicki B
Blooms: Olivia

If you want to see more examples of layouts made in under 1 hour, check out Bo Bunny's Fast Friday post for today, the DT did some amazing projects in under an hour!  Happy Weekend everyone! xx

27 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Stunning page, beautiful colours and terrific flowers. Lee xx

Love crafts forever said...

Oh Gabrielle, i am really miss you, and your gorgeous creations. Sorry for not visiting your blog lately, but you know i can still see yours beautiful stuff at my blogger. You are my big inspiration girl.
Hugs Nataliya

angel said...

Piękny!!
Beautiful!

Pendra said...

You make it sound so easy... but it looks like you slaved over it all day! Just a beautiful layout and as always... a gorgeous pic!
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Прозрачная said...

It's gorgeous***

Romy said...

Oh wow, I really can't believe you created this stunner in so little time. You are truly amazing, Gabi:) Just love everything about this layout.

Patty O'Malley said...

I think it is amazing that you created such a beauty in an hour! Thanks for the tips!

Cassy said...

Beautiful creation as well as the little girl.

Cassy from Rock Guitar Lessons

Lizzyc said...

hi.. oh thank you for your wonderful hints on getting a layout done.. i am a slow scrapper and often wish i could get more pages done as the photo pile just gets higher!! so great hints here.. and of course you know what you are talking about as this layout is really beautiful, it certainly looks like it would have taken longer to do!! thank you!!

Tanyah Payne said...

I really love checking out your creations! your truely tallented and layout is STUNNING!..

Thank heaps for visiting my blog andleaving some love
Tan Xx :)

sixofone aka Leah said...

Fabulous Lo and in such a short time too. I can get a dress made in half a day but even the simplest LO's take me ages. And thanks for visiting my blog

Karen Shady said...

gorgeous work as always Gabrielle. Im a big fan :)

I too am a slow scrapper, and find when I have deadlines to meet, I get myself in a bit of a fluster :) I wish I could bang out layouts one after another, it would make it alot easier. But its just not to be that way :)

Have a wonderful weekend

cheryl said...

Like always totally beautiful

Regina M. said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for the tips.

Unknown said...

Love all your gorgeous pages! They are always elegantly designed with amazing details! This page is another stunner!
Have a great week!
Mandy

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful page Gabrielle!

Patricia SPI said...

Encore une petite merveille ! Bravo !

scrapbookertink said...

Adorable layouts can look at your pages for hours, you should sell them as screen savers they are so beautiful.

phamil said...

Gabi, your tips are very helpful, thank you for sharing! I use a few of them also, the lifting and old layout, and I've used sticker backs for masks before too!!!! I love your handmade blooms, but you work beautifully with premade or any other bloom! You work beautifully with any element, lol!!! Love this sweet page, and your girls are such beautiful subjects to start with!!! Hugs my friend!!!

charlotte said...

love all the great tips! that's incredible that you created this beauty in 1 hour!

jaz lee said...

Gabrielle dearie,
First of all, I want to sincerely thank you for taking time to drop by my blog and leaving me so much love. Thank you for the friendship and for being so sweet ;)

Your work is always so stunning...sigh...and yes i SMILE when i see this page!!! and you have a beautiful family ;) Enjoy them ;)

love
jaz

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous page. LOVE the pinks with that little hit of green and all the sweet flowers.

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous page Gabi, well done on creating it in a hour!! I am impressed lol.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Thanks for the tips, Gabi! I find I am the same way as you! I enjoy every part of making a l/o, especially the details, oh my! I better stop! lol

lovely layout BTW!

Shell said...

This LO is gorgeous Gabi! So impressed you did it in an hour. U r so amazingly talented!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Your layouts seem to amaze me more and more each time. Love your style. Thanks for sharing all of your projects.

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous, as are all of your pages!!! I love it! I love the colors and masking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails