Friday, September 9, 2011

The Color Room Palette #75

This was a special milestone for The Color Room....their Palette #75....Congrats ladies!!  And I was so thrilled when I saw the palette! Such a pretty one, colors that speak to me!  Here is the Palette...
I always have fun digging through my new & old stash picking papers and embellishments to fit the palette!  If I don't have matching patterned paper then there is always cardstock, paints and ink.  I fortunately had the colors I needed in my stash.  I had some paper from My Minds Eye (29th Street Market) and some BasicGrey 'Kioshi', I found the perfect shade of teal in a Prima butterfly in my stash.  And of course I couldn't make a page without including a bit of my favourite chipboard from Dusty Attic.  I wanted to give it a lacey look so I painted the piece white and then used a Prima lace stamp (from one of their 'Frame It' stamp collections).  The blooms are all Prima and the pearl flourish is Zva Creative.   I want to thank my dear friend Romy Veul for the pretty teal & purple bloom centers, she sent me such a lovely surprise pack a little while back, I was so happy to have these to add to my page...Thank-you Romy! xx    Here are a few close-up pics...

But this is not all The Color Room has going this month!!  Two of the TCR girlies (Lydell Quinn & Emma Starfrace) created this amazing Digital kit especially for this palette!  They allowed the DT to have some fun with this digi kit, so some of us created a digi page too and some created Hybrid pages combining 'real' paper with digital images they printed out and used on their page.  Here is the digi kit....

......and here is the digital page I created using this pretty kit of papers, embellishments, alpha's and phrases.  The photo is one that I recently took of my nephew Jared & his wife Danielle (they are the parents of those cute little babies I've been scrapping lately).....

Believe me, I am no digi expert but this kit was easy and fun to use...I managed this page in under a half hour.  Got to say digi sure is fast!  It's a fun change of pace, but still, when it comes down to it I'm still a paper girl, I love the cutting paper cutting and getting my hands dirty :)  If you are interested in this kit, come check out The Color Room this week, you'll find more information HERE


26 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is gorgeous !

Heather Jacob said...

wow this breathtaking .... absolutely amazing ... sooooooooooooooo inspiring ... hugz x

Blossom inch said...

this is just a beautiful page!

Amy E said...

Your page is stunning! All my favorite colors!!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous pages, I love the embellishments you have used on your first page! Great boots too :)

milena60 said...

Какие великолепные странички...супер..

Shell said...

U did a fantastic job with the palette. Luv this!! Great job with the digi page too. U r the Jill of all trades LOL!

Romy said...

I agree, it's always such a pleasure to look through my stash and find the perfect matching colours for a TCR palette. Their palettes stimulate me to think outside the box and mix up products from different manufacturers, just love that!

And you used these colours to perfection! Wow! What a gorgeous detailed layout! I'm loving the included bits of teal and the gorgeous techniques you used on the DA piece. Such amazing work!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is just gorgeous. The colours are so soft and feminine. The details just so beautiful. Excellent work.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Both layouts are gorgeous. What a wonderful colour palette.

Isa said...

Beautifuuuuuul !! That´s all .. jeje

Isa of Spain

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am awed by the beauty you create.

Crafty Loops said...

Absolutely stunning and I just love the butterflies. Lee xx

Christy said...

The butterflies are awesome and the pops of teal...AMAZING :)

Patty O'Malley said...

Your layouts are always jaw-dropping gorgeous! You even do fabulous work with digi! I love to look at all the details in everything you create.

Tamikko said...

wow! Just beautiful! Love the butterflies.

Aline Fonseca said...

Beautiful projetcts! Even your digital that I don't like so much is awesome!
Hughs from Brazil to you!
Aline Fonseca

Lizzyc said...

wow.. both of these are exquisite.. stunning.. the details on the digi one is amazing.. you are a true scrapping master!

~VIRGINIA~ said...

These turned out so beautiful!!! You scrap with these colors so well.

ms.schwiet said...

Here you go again amazing me...the top layout reminds me of venice with the color and ornate nature... Here you go again with the amazing page and doing another one I want to scraplift. You keep this up your going to be my most scraplifted favorite artist

sixofone aka Leah said...

Fabulous page and such an original subject

Lynn said...

These are beautiful.

Mona Gry said...

As Always Stunning - U keep amzing me

EFI said...

Oh my!!! Soooo lovely layout with soft colors! Looove, love it!!!Good morning from Greece!

Crafty Loops said...

Gabrielle, Im just letting you know that I put the flowers up that I made from your tutorial. I usually do tutorials on the flowers I make but as these flowers were down to you I wrote a wee bit about your blog and did a link back to your blog for the tutorial. I hope thats ok. And thank you for the tutorial. Nine havent turned out as good as yours but I still love them. Lee xx

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Gabrielle. I come here for inspiration, and i got one. Thank you so much.I added your blog to my side bar, so i can visit you more now. Looks like i fixed my commenting problems, and it's working now.
Hugs Nataliya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails