Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gathered Paper VIDEO TUTORIAL {Card Making ~ Watch the Process}

 
Bo Bunny's new 'Pincushion' collection is now out in the stores and ready to play with!  I love the cute sewing and stitchery designs in this collection.  So I thought it would be fun to do a gathered paper technique that is reminiscent of gathered fabric. 

 
The last few times when I've done a gathered paper technique, I got a whole bunch of messages asking if I would show some of these techniques in a video.  So I thought I would do a Video Tutorial showing all the steps in creating this card from start to finish.

 
I will list all products used in creating the card directly below the video tutorial. (Note: I used 2 die cuts to make this card: Spellbinders Spiral Blossom #1 and Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish', which I premade/cut before filming the video).  Hope you enjoy! 



Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Polka Dot Pattern, Tailored/Pincushion
Cardstock: Tutu, Clover/Double Dot
6x6 Paper Pad: Pincushion (green plaid)
Buttons: Pincushion
Noteworthy: Pincushion
Stamps: You're Invited, Distress Textures, Powder Mountain (script)
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs "Fanciful Flourish", Spellbinders Spiral Blossom #1
Other: Hemp twine, Stamping Ink, Tim Holtz Edge Distress Tool, Fiskars Shell Punch

 
For my second card I thought I would play up the pretty black & whites in this collection (Pincushion) and mix it with one focus color, in this case I used an aqua. 
 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Pincushion, Sew Fun/Pincusion
Cardstock: Ocean Double Dot
Stickers: Pincusion Combo Stickers
Flowers: Bouquet/Denim Blue, Zinnia/Denim Blue
 
I hope you enjoyed my 2 projects and that my video tutorial has been helpful!  Thanks so much for sweet comments and kind feedback I've been getting, I appreciate and read them all! xo

20 comments:

SusanLotus said...

OH WOW! WOW!
Fabulous cards. Sooo beautiful!

<3

Unknown said...

Габриэль ,спасибо вам за ваши потрясающие работы!!! То что вы делаете просто великолепно!!!

cebelica said...

Both of your cards are stunning! Thank you for sharing the video tutorial for the first one. Hugs! xx

Donna Ellis said...

Gabrielle, your blog is always fun to visit, and I learn a lot with each of your video tutorials. Thank you for taking the time to record them. Both cards look amazing! Thanks again, hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Tone M. said...

beautiful
love the colors

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Gabrielle and loved watching you making the first.Beautiful design and colours..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Romy said...

Your cards are both so gorgeous and unique. I love how you really went vintage with these amazing papers.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wauw what a beautiful cards Gabrielle,I enjoyed to see the video about the making of the first one. It is the first time that I see this technique and I think it's looking very pretty,thanks for sharing..greetings Miranda

DebraK said...

Great video, thank you! You make it look so easy! I could watch your videos for HOURS--so much inspiration. You have such a talented eye for color and design... just fabulous!

Sarah - Crea S said...

They both look stunning! I love the papertechnique in the first card. At first sight it really looks like fabric! For the second I love the colours, the layers and the papers!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Paula Calvanico said...

Just lovely! I had to pin this :) Thanks for the tut.

Paula

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous cards, Gabi! The tutorial was fantastic--you make it look easy.

Cindy Gay said...

Great video. Lots of skill!

Lizzyc said...

Your cards are mini works of art.. so beautiful.. now to sit and watch the video.. thanks so much for taking the time to make the video to inspire us!

Roulien Stahnke said...

Your way of using the black from this collection is soooooo clever!! I love it!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oooooooh! Love the layers on this card and that pop of aqua!! -- Mary ELizabeth

Kim said...

such beautiful layouts! Thank you for sharing your work with us :)

martine said...

thank you for this great tutorial, very nice card.martine

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful cards! And so appreciate the videos too!!

Julierose said...

Stunning cards--love the video; I do Project Life scrapbooking and have never tried cards--I will be making some for sure after seeing your work...thank you julierose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails