Saturday, December 7, 2013

Getting Messy with NEW Bo Bunny {Pincushion Collection}


 
I just love this photo of my DH Steve and our youngest daughter Meagan (taken a few years ago)....she's always been Daddy's girl, always seen skipping along beside him, ....and yes! the little bouquet of rag-weed (Goldenrod) in her hand was picked for her Daddy! lol!  
 
I thought I'd have a little fun with this page and get messy!  I really love the fun Toile designs in this new Bo Bunny collection so I used the one above as the base of my page.  I wanted the design to be a little less busy in the center of the page where I would be adhering my photo and embellishments so first I gave the page as soft wash (dry brushing) with some white Gesso....fading out the gesso as I move out to the edges.
 
 
I then started layering on some colors sprays in coordinating colors and layered on some stamp designs with a variety of stamps (I've listed the Bo Bunny Stamps I've used below).
 
 
I made the rose using one of the floral papers in the Pincushion collection with a flower die cut. And the li'l dried floral cluster is another one of Lucy's cute little embellishments from her Etsy shop called Tresor's de Luxe!   When my page was done, I did a little dry brushing with some aqua paint, dabbing here and there to bring in an extra color value.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Toile (both sides), Tailored, Sew Fun/Pincushion
6x6 Paper Pad: Pincushion
Buttons: Pincushion
Trinkets: Serenity
Flowers: Harvest Orange Bouquet
Lace: Natural Earth Lace
Jewel Flourishes: Licorice Jewels
Stamps: Bo Bunny Gabrielle, Enchanted, Powder Mountain, (Vine design stamp is Somewhere In Time from my local dollar store), Tim Holtz 'Heartfelt' Stamps.
Mists: Tattered Angels (Cinnamon)
Mask/Stencil: Heidi Swapp
Floral Die:  Spellbinders 'Spiral Blossom #1'
Dried Floral Cluster:  Tresors de Luxe
 
Thanks so much for stopping by again today, as always I'm so grateful for the kind feedback and comments! xo xo

6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous! really love this one too.. love how the photo is central with your embellies leading the eye around the layout with the stamped swirls and bling.. love the hint of aqua too.. beautiful once again!!

Romy said...

I just love how you made these papers your own and created a rather messy look with them. This lay-out is awesome!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Shabby chic gorgeousness! I think I am going to love this BB collection!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this layout, of course! I like how you made the center background for the photo with the gesso, paints and stamps--so pretty!

LouiNoyes said...

I have just recently found your work. I csnt get enough of it. love it and i love ur style. thank you for the inspiration!

Janene said...

Just beautiful as always! Love the layout and colors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails