Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mixed Media Art Canvas {Bo Bunny Mood Board}


I'm excited to share with you a canvas I made using the August Mood Board as inspiration.  This was such a fun Mood board, the colors in it are some of my all time favorite combinations.  I decided to create a little vignette using the reverse side of an art canvas.

BoBunny August Mood Board

Above is the Mood Board I used as inspiration.  The idea is to use the colors, designs, words and photos in the board to inspire you to create a project.  I chose to do a reverse canvas for mine.


I began by began by tearing bits and pieces off of my Bo Bunny Washi tapes (I used tape from the Black and White, and Kraft collections).  After that I added a little texture with home-made texture paste and a stencil.  I cut a piece of background paper from the Enchanted Garden paper. I continued by dry brushing a bit of Gesso in a thin coat over the texture and taped area.


I then chose some flourishes and scroll chipboard from Et Cetera collection to decorate my frame with.  I added some trinkets and buttons from other Bo Bunny collections and glued them to the frame work.  I gave the added items a coat of  Gesso and when it dried, I misted and painted the frame with the blues and purples in the paper collection.  I used the following Shimmerz products on this canvas: 

-Shimmerz Spritz Jeni B Bleu
- Shimmerz Royal Purple Paint
- Shimmerz Tickle Me Turquoise 
- Shimmerz Brass Knuckles Inklingz

You can order Shimmerz products directly from their website HERE, ...Be sure to mention my name "Gabrielle" in the INSTRUCTIONS TO MERCHANT area of your order to get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice! And as I mentioned yesterday, they are having a big sale right now...jump in on this soon, as the sale is only until Sunday!


I created a little nest with some Spanish Moss (found in the floral dept of your local craft store) and made little eggs with air dry clay, and tucked it into the corner of the frame.


I did a little fussy cutting from the Enchanted Garden patterned papers (flowers, mushrooms etc.) to add a few more whimsical embellishments to the framework.  I gave the whole frame a final gilded finish by dry brushing some gold metallic paint to bring up details.

Bo Bunny products used on this project:
Patterned Paper:  Enchanted Garden / Mosaic, Enchanted Garden, Periodical, Fairies, Pixies.
Chipboard:  Et Cetera
Trinkets: Et Cetera, Gabrielle, Serenity,
Jewels: Apple Cider

I hope you enjoyed my project today and will give this months Bo Bunny Mood Board inspiration a go! If you would like to see more projects done using this inspiring mood board, make your way over to the Bo Bunny blog, Rhonda has an amazing project to share as well!  You can find it HERE.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for all the lovely comments you guys are always leaving me, they make my day! xo xo

25 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the project-- Especially the way you combined the colors and the beautiful clay eggs!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow Gabrielle, this reversed canvas looks stunning. Love the materials and colors you've used. When I look at it it makes me think spring is around the corner(instead of autumn) and I love that feeling ;) Thanks for the explanation of how you've made this masterpiece. Have a nice day,
Greetings Miranda

LoveVN said...

Amazing work! Very complex and extremely beautiful! A lot of harmony and grace! :-D

Bonjourscrap said...

Beautiful projects ! I can't wait to try the texturez I ordered...

britgirl58 said...

The colors you chose to compliment the mood board are delightful - shining brightly. The eggs you made are as perfect as a robin could make herself! The nest is wonderful - everything is wonderful. I am always, always truly amazed at your work. This reverse frame shows what a talented lady you are. To achieve such beautiful detail and design in such a small area without appearing cluttered - genius! Thank you - Julie Yes I am a fan!! =)

Janie said...

Gorgeous,this piece tells a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.

Martie Rollin said...

I'm not much of a fan of mixed media, but I'm finding this project to be quite beautiful. Clever idea to use the back of a stretched canvas as a dimensional frame for your project. Love your color choices. Thanks for sending this email...nice work.

Paula Calvanico said...

So beautiful :) As always I stare and try to absorb all you've done here. Soaking up all the techniques you've used. I really love the flipping of the canvas! In a million years I'd never of thought to do that :) Thank you for all you share!

Paula xoxo

Lilli said...

Fantastic! I love you blog!!! Lilli

bernii miller said...

Just gorgeous Gabby!!

Carin said...

It's always nice to see more of your stunning artwork. You always find new ways to use things.
Looking forward to seeing more pretty "messy" stuff ;-)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Fabulous creation Gaby! Loving the nest and eggs so much. Thank you for explaining how you started off the reverse canvas.
ps: I appreciate your visit to my blog recently. Thank you for leaving some love. Hugs xx

Patty O'Malley said...

What a beautiful canvas, Gabi! I love that color combination and the cute little bird's nest you created.

Romy said...

Oh gosh, Gabi, I just don't know what to say...look at all those gorgeous vintage treasures that you incorporated in this canvas! The bird nest, the pretty butterflies...I love it all! This is really amazing!

Corine said...

This is gorgeous. I love you créations.

Lizzyc said...

Wow this is magical and rustic and love those colors together too.. love the nest and eggs, and all the texture.. Love the butterflies and mushrooms...really lovely frame.. love it!

Natali Yarkova said...

Красивая работа и идея !!!

A Country Twinkle said...

Beautiful mix media project! I love watching your videos on you tube. Thanks for sharing your fabulous talent with us. It is a wonderful inspiration.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow hun another gorgeous creation, loving the colours, hugs Liz xx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Wow Gabi just gorgeous work and so inspiring. The details are so off the chain. I just love it.
Huggies!!!!

Becky said...

wow! This is awesome Gabi. Gorgeous colors and gorgeous little details. Girl, you are so talented :) wish you lived my me so I could come and visit :)

Janene said...

Beautiful as always!

Unknown said...

Such a stunning piece of artwork,I love the colours and the attention to detail is stunning.Love this!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the gorgeous colours you've used and the nest looks incredible. Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog, it made my day!
Rebecca.

Tone-Lill said...

Another stunning piece of artwork! I love all the little and delightful bits and pices, especially those fab eggs you created :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails