Thursday, May 26, 2016

A bit of Whimsy & Video Tutorial {49 & Market, Dusty Attic, Shimmerz Paints}



Hi All!  I'm so happy to be sharing with you today my first layout using Janene Meyerowitz's beautiful Flower Fairies of Spring collection! I was delighted to be asked to be a guest designer today using this amazing, whimsical collection! And I was so thrilled when I first got my hands on this lovely collection....loving the heavy weight of the paper, so nice for fussy cutting and mixed media products!

  product photo2
I was Immediately drawn to the backside of the paper called 'Seedlings'....such a pretty background design! It made me think of this photo I took of my oldest daughter Chloe, when she was a baby.  So I chose this paper as my main background.  Then I noticed the pretty Ivy design on the paper called 'From the Root' and thought it would make a lovely matting frame for my background paper.  The third paper I went with was the 'Spring Cut Out Sheet'....I cut out a bunch of the pretty images to use with foam pop adhesive dots to add these elements to my page design. 


Dusty Attic Product used in this project:
~ Decorative Scroll #1
~ Flower Buds
~ Lavender
~ Mini Captions #9
~ Dusty Attic Gloss Varnish


Above are the Shimmerz mixed media products I used in making up this page.  You can order Shimmerz Paints HERE.  NOTE: You can get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice if you mention my name in your next order! :)

So before I show you close-ups and a few tips on my page, I thought I would share a video tutorial I made up on how this page came together, so grab yourself a cup of your favorite beverage, take a little break and enjoy!



I hope you all enjoyed my little tutorial and feel inspired to create your own whimsical mixed media layout using Flower Fairies of Spring papers and embellishments!  I'm posting a few close-ups of the layout that you can peruse at your leisure....

  All Smiles closeup1

I used a Dusty Attic 'Elegant Scrolls' Frame to encircle the photo of my daughter and used a variety of products to add texture to the frame.  I began with using a Tim Holtz Harlequin Stencil with homemade texture paste on the bottom layer of the stencil.  I then painted it with a wonderful metalic paint by Shimmerz called 'Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz'...the top layer of the stencil got a coat of Shimmerz 'Artie-choked' Texturez.

  All Smiles closeup2

The smaller matching scroll got the same treatment in mixed media product as the larger frame.  I also spritzed some Cheesecloth with Shimmerz 'See Ya Latte' and 'Olive Branch' Spritzes and adhered it to the background paper.  I tucked a leaf cut out from the Spring Fairies cut-out sheet and a butterfly in the center of the design (from the cut out sheet as well).

  All Smiles closeup4

Janene has these fabulous new products in her store 'The Scrapbook Diaries' called 'Prills'....I'm totally obsessed with them!  Here I used the Lavender Ice Prills on the tips of my Dusty Attic 'Flower Buds' and 'Lavender' Chippies.  I just put nice big globs of Aleene's glue on them and poured the little colorful balls all over them.  I just love the effect they give!

  All Smiles closeup5

....And, once I started playing with these Prills, I couldn't stop!  Used them on the chipboard and around my photo area as well.  I really liked how the purple/lavender color went with the blue/green/sepia colors on the background paper. (sorry about the stray piece of burlap on there....was to lazy to retake the pic when I was posting...but still wanted to share the close-up so you could see the effect on the chipboard :P

  All Smiles closeup6

And seriously, how cute are those little flower fairy images!!  Not only are these sweet l'il images scattered tastefully over all the papers but you get a bunch of the adorable images on the Cut Out sheet! Love that!  ...I also added some burlap trim under my photo frame for added rustic texture, this wonderful stuff is available by the roll (in a nice workable small roll) at The Scrapbook Diaries....

  burlap-ribbon-natural-4-1m-rb-84383rustic-canvas-and-burlap-small-blooms-rb-84352
There are 3 different styles available, the one above, a coarser burlap and a cream color burlap.  I also used these adorable Burlap/Canvas blossoms by 49 and Market....such a sweet design, don't you think!


I hope you all enjoyed checking out my first (of many I'm sure!) pages I made using the gorgeous 'Flower Fairies of Spring' collection and hope I've inspired you play and get your 'whimsy' on! You can find most of the products I've used above at Janene's online store The Scrapbook Diaries! xo

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Another slice of magic!

Romy said...

Wow, your lay-out is so dreamy, beautiful and sweet! You've treated the chipboard pieces in such wonderful ways. I love the magical look of this lay-out.

smokeysmom said...

Gorgeous, as usual. I love to watch you work that magic:)

Patty O'Malley said...

This is such a beautifully sweet layout, Gabi! I thoroughly enjoyed the video as well.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Gabi, I don't know what to comment on first; the beautiful l/o or that absolutely adorable photo of Chloe!! I think I'll start with Chloe first! : )
She is OMW such a gorgeous baby!
You must have been so tickled with her! and that beautiful smile (and smiling eyes too:) She is enchanting~
This l/o is so unique! and beautifully expressive.
Her paper is beautiful, (almost like somebody oil painted it) and I love all your fussy-cutting pop-ups too~ And deep rich saturated colors! This is a beauty~
PS I know I'm long-winded : J, but had to say, I discovered Prills a while back myself and love love love them! : )
Have a nice week-end~ Karen O

Martie Rollin said...

Very creative trimming on that precious photo! Beautiful project...love the colors you've chosen. Nice work!

Chrissy said...

Stunning...just beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Candy S said...

Simply beautiful. I have to say that I am in love with the "Prills" too. What a fun way to add such clever accents to your project.

Bunny Dobbie said...

Gorgeous and what a pretty baby she was!

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout! Love the adorable photo and all the chipboard pieces and pretty colors.. Loved the video too! Beautiful creating!

A Paper Palette said...

This is stunning! Your work is beautiful and you are an inspiration to those of us new to this!!

Beverley said...

Totally adorable, what joy you must have had "going back" doing baby photos again! Love your use of the Prills around the chipboard and loved your video. (Hope you arm is healing well). xx

NolyArt said...

I completely fell in love with your work.

jenny said...

Can i just say Amen to what Paper Pallete above says....
Sometimes your work is just too beautiful for words Gabrielle.

Ann said...

So Amazing! I loveee your work.

Unknown said...

marysemauduit@gmail.com
bonjour Madame.
je suis accro au scrap et depuis plusieurs années je suis votre blog.chaque matin vous m'apportez un grand rayon de soleil.mille merci pour cela.ce que vous faîtes est exceptionnel .et vraiment beau. vous êtes formidable de nous faire partager vos merveilles depuis tant d'années. vos tutos sont super dommage qu'ici en France nous n'avons pas de magasins approprier et commander au canada ...ils ne livrent pas chez nous.grand regrets....recevez madame mes plus sincères félicitations.et encore mille mercis.je vous souhaites une très bonne journée. maryse.

Dria said...

Fabulous! and that smiling face photo is adorable.

Unknown said...

Hola soy Zenaida vivo en Colombia,me gustan mucho tus cuadros y todos los elementos que le colocas, aprendo mucho con tus videos pero desafortunadamente las decoraciones que utilizas y pinturas no se consiguen en este país. Si algún día voy a Canada me gustaria asistir a una clase tuya y ver en vivo como haces tus cuadros
Saludos, chao.

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Fabulous video Gabrielle, another amazing project, thank you, I love it and your daughter is beautiful!
Hugs Sandy xxx

mommyx2 said...

This is beautiful! I ordered a huge order from the scrapbook diaries including your stamps, double layout, another kit and 49 market street paper and flowers! Awesome new company!

Unknown said...

I love how your pages always have these beautiful little details...those Prills look so fun :)

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thats awesome! Thanks so much hon! Hope you enjoy!!❤

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thats so sweet Jenny, thanks!!❤

jenny said...

Hope you are ok Gabrielle, it seems an age since we heard from you!
hugs jenny x

Tsaima Eirini said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your elegant work always so chic and balanced!!! Thank you for sharing with us your tutorial... Always a good lesson to all of us!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Gabi. what a gorgeous and adorable design. Love the chipboard and awesome colors. I missed you and your designs. Without computer for months. Had to stop by to get my mojo back. Thanks for artistic sharing.

weim house said...

Beautiful! Wow! So awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your art pieces / knowledge with us and inspiring! I have not watched any videos yet; love the pictures ! I came across a "post" on pinterest; pic of baby powder, glue; etc ; glad I clicked and came here! Thank you! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Unknown said...

So beautiful...your color scheme and whimsical touches make it magical!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails