Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sew Dang Cute! Bo Bunny & Dusty Attic!!


I used the wonderful Crazy Love collection to create this page for the Bo Bunny 'Sew Dang Cute' assignment! Well, this was no chore for me....I love to stitch on my pages whether it's machine stitching or handstitching! For this one I mainly did machine stitching, I used 3 different types of stiches, the regular, zig-zag (on the circle design) and a fancy edge stitch (around the outer edges of the pink paper). Don't shy away from trying some of those fun fancy stitches on your sewing maching, just practice a little on a scrap piece of paper to build the confidence to try it on your real page :) ......another TIP: When adding button embellishments to your pages, take the time to actually sew the buttons on, I find it makes a big difference in giving your page a more 'finished' look!....


I added some awesome Dusty Attic chippies to this layout too. I just LOVE the DA butterflies! For this one I simply painted the butterfly with a little white paint and then used some chalk ink to tint the butterfly in random places. Then I coated the whole with with some 'Star Dust' Stickles to give it a whimsical look. I did the same for the DA title chippie.....I just tinted the bottom of the letters with some pink chalk ink and then coated the whole thing with Stickles...


If you'd like to see more 'Sew Dang Cute' projects come have a look at the Bo Bunny Blog today...the rest of the DT girlies made up some awesome projects!!

Thanks!!

~Gabrielle xxx

24 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Gabrielle! Just found your blog via the Bo Bunny blog. LOVE this layout and your work in general! Love what you did with those chippies too! How did you make those flowers? I bought this line a couple of weeks ago and did not see the flowers so I'm assuming you made them? TFS truly gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh this is stunning as per usual so much detail...........Gorgeous !!!

Glynis said...

Sooo pretty! I love how you make that shabby/vintage look seem effortless. Love the edge detail :O)

Nanne said...

Beautiful as always.. I absolutely love the delicate touch you have with your layouts..
Hugs
Nanné

Love crafts forever said...

Stunning L/O. Sorry i don't visit you as much as i like to. Got my self to 4 DT, and now don't have to much time. But i see your work at the blogger all the time, and i love what i see.
Hugs Nataliya.

Jolanda said...

wow,very very pretty and sweet page!

angelwhispers said...

Such a wonderful layout it does help that the photo is just so cute and perfect for the theme!! Loving all the sewing and flowers really gorgeous!! Chanelle xxx

Kristi said...

Beautiful!...Simply Beautiful!

Romy said...

Oh my gosh, Gabi, this is stunning!! You so totally rock, girl! I can never express in words how much I love your creations.

Unknown said...

wauw beautiful page with yummie details and a lovely picture.
byebye,lean

natje said...

Wow...amazing layout!!
So beautiful.
Great details.

Greetings

Hilde said...

I love your art work!! This LO is stunning!!!

Have a nice weekend!

Stay True To God said...

Gorgeous Gabi!! Love the colors and all of your super creative techniques!! Thanks for the tips!! :) hugs... Tracy

Maria Elena said...

What a great LO !!! Super duper cute!

Have a great Thursday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so adorable! Love the technique you used on the butterfly and word.

Cindy Gay said...

The picture is perfect for the collection. Like the stitching, the title alpha and especially the scrap pieces of word paper with the inked edges!

Anonymous said...

OMG This is so so stunning.. thank you for sharing how you did the chippie

Paula in Ontario, Canada said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Christiane said...

gabrielle, this is to die for!! :))

Unknown said...

ohhh this is really very stunning
very great job i love so your style

Unknown said...

This is beautiful..I love to visit your blog and LOVE all the tutorials you have TAHNKYOU

Sue said...

Again you have produced a stunning layout. I love the way you've mixed lace, flowers, old text and pearls to make a beautiful page that complements the cutie in the photo so well. I particularly love the large pink net flower.

Britney said...

Your are such an inspiration! I have been wanting to scrapbook for so long, but never trusted myself enough to put something together. I saw one of your pages on scrapbook.com which led me to mycreativescrapbook.com and joined and couldnt be happier! I have done my first two pages this week and I always look to your pages for ideas, tips, and tutorials. Thank you!

Stephanieapee said...

gabrielle, this is to die for!! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails