Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sketch Layout for Bo Bunny! And a Sprinkle of Dusty Attic!

I made this layout with this cool sketch that was provided by Sketchy Thursdays.    The sketch called for 3 photos and I had these pic's I took of our pup when we first got her, I'm sure she thought her name was 'Zoe-No!' because that is what she heard all the time! lol!  Nothing was safe around her, I'm sure she has wrecked hundred of dollars worth of shoes, cloths, rugs, blankets......and **sigh** is still at it....hmmm, might be time for obedience school!)  This was my take on the sketch (I tend to take sketches I work with very literally and pretty much just follow the design without too much improvisation....all I really added was a little corset stitching between the strips of paper)  I used the soft and pretty Bo Bunny 'Country Garden Collection" for this one.... 
I also added one of the lovely new flourishes (Corner Flourish #2) by Dusty Attic.  While I normally add some sort of paint or inks to my chipboard pieces, this time I like the color tone the natural chipboard had so I just kept it unadorned. 

Here is the sketch I worked with from the Sketchy Thursdays blogspot....If you would like to try out this sketch and have a chance and a lovely Bo Bunny Prize be sure to link you layout to this link BO BUNNY SKETCHY THURSDAY~ You have until May 2nd to create your layout and link it!  Hope to see you there!  And hope everyone has an awesome long weekend! xx

15 comments:

JannySun said...

So interesting!!!

Scraps of Elegance said...

I adore how you gapped the vertical papers to include the corset stitching as it adds so much impact and textural elements. Darling tribute to Zoe. I also appreciate how you follow artists' sketch designs to honor their creativity. Your hand work is just devine.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is stunning! love your pictures and gorgeous detail, hugs Liz xx

Amy Voorthuis said...

Wow Gabrielle,
Just love your take on the sketch is't very pretty! Love the papers you worked with.....btw love your dog o my what did she grow...she's sooo cute! Love the stitching on this lo.... Hugs Amy
Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Well done Gabi!!!

Romy said...

Zoe is such a cutie, I bet she can easily wrap you around her fingers/paws;) I absolutely love the layout you made with these photos! Just love the strips of paper, the stitching and the fussy cut butterflies!

Unknown said...

Soo beautiful!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Lovely, sweet layout!

Cathy said...

So adorable Gabrielle.. LOVE the stitched details and sweet details!! Fantastic take on the challenge!! Happy Easter to you and your family :))

Didi said...

Hello,
I just want to say I think its wonderful works.
I live in Brazil, I'm your fan n º 1.
I follow your blog with much care and attention to learn the beautiful things you do.
Thank you and congratulations on your talent.
kisses
Didi

Cindy Gay said...

I like the stitched pieces of paper on the background and I love the center tip of the frame with the touch of lace.

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Hi, I'm new here, I just love your blog and the layouts are so beautiful. I like that websters line of new jounals and will be checking them out soon. I am your newest follower. Come check out my blog and become a follower. Hugs and God bless!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful!

Geraldine said...

beautiful layout, wonderful details and Zoe is gorgeous, best wishes.

Eila Sandberg said...

Love the corset stitching, it really does add so much visual interest. Chiming in with Joyce about following sketches. Dear dear Zoe, the things we do for our fur babies :)) Beautiful work as always sweetie. xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails