Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Making Cards with Webster's Pages!

 
Today I'm sharing with you all a couple of cards I made using the new Webster's Pages collection called A Christmas story.  For the card above I went with the pinks and golds in the collecion.

 
I wanted to go with a nice fabric feel to this card so I used Websters Pages pink Bloomers along the top edge of the card, added some gold lace trim from older Websters collection, and a small swatch of fabric (actually an indurstrial cleaning cloth). I accented with one of Websters Pages famous cameo's (Perfect Accents) and their new metal charm frame.
 
 
For my 2nd card I went with the blue/aqua colors in the collection. I simply cut 3 of the patterned papers in different sizes, distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz edge distressor and machine stitched the edges.
 

I took one of the Perfect Accent resin frames from Websters Pages and gave it a quick coat of slightly watered down gesso....then wiped away the relief areas, exposing some of the aqua color underneath.

 
I hope you enjoyed my 2 projects I shared with you today.  It's going to be a busy posting day for me today, if you have a chance, pop back in later in the day I have another fun project to share with you! NOTE:  Update....I will be postponing my 2nd post for today until Friday, needed to tie up some loose ends before I get this one up.   xo xo

12 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI..Your cards are so beautiful.. full of texture and gorgeous trims and embellies.. I never would have thought the first papers were from a Christmas range..

Unknown said...

They are very elegant and I just love the color combinations! They are gorgeous!

Patty O'Malley said...

These cards are so gorgeous, Gabi!

Carole Wright said...

wow its the little things indeed. Your cards are so precious, full of lots of beautiful little things. Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Gabrielle!
The first is so romantic and soft~
And the second inspiring and bright!
Your work w/ WP is always a treat to look at.
Hope to ck back later to see more of your
creations!~

Romy said...

Your card is really as gorgeous as can be! I love everything about it!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

Your cards are so romantic and classy, i love these cameo's.
Also your LO of your little girl is so lovely.

Hugs, Danoesja

Paula Calvanico said...

What beautiful romantic cards :) Love them Gabi!

Paula

Amy Voorthuis said...

2 stunning cards again wow!! Love the first one it's so cool to see those bloomers again....hugs xxx

Sarah - Crea S said...

Hi Gabrielle, your cards look great! Love the colourcombo's and those frames are perfect!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Sue said...

Gabrielle these aren't cards they are works of art. You have the same attention to detail and structure as you do on your scrapbook layouts. As ever, the colour combination is perfect. Just lovely.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. Love the textures ... especially the fabric elements on the pink and gold card. So lovely Gabrielle, as usual. -- Mary Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails