Monday, November 18, 2013

Websters Pages New Holiday Collection & Tresors de Luxe

 
You can always spot one of Brandin's (Webster's Pages owner/designer) collections at a glance, they are always full of lovely feminine design elements: gorgeous flowers, flourishes, damask patterning and beautiful color palettes.  For me the pinks and golds in the 'Christmas Story' collection are a total favourite!  For this page I scrapped a photo I came across of my youngest daughter Meagan when I was shuffling through some older photos from a few years back.  I did a bit of inking with one of my favourite ink pads, the Tim Holtz 'Victorian Velvet' distress ink pad as well as adding a little texture with the 'Damask' 6x6 stencil from Crafters Workshop.
 

 
I've always loved the beautiful cameo's (Perfect Accents) from Websters Pages and now I'm so happy to see that they put out some gorgeous metal trinkets and frames that work beautifully with the cameos, they just click right in!  Didn't even have to glue it. 
 
 
Another fun little metal trinket is this one from the Christmas Story collection.  There are so many cool things you can do with this one.  It's hard to see in the photo above but IRL there is a lovely glossy effect on the center piece of the trinket. 
 
 
The photo above better shows the jewel-like glossy effect I was able to achieve in two easy steps.  See below for 2 easy steps to making your own unique trinket.
 
 
There are so many ways to make your own trinket design to compliment your page design....try cutting out a section of patterned paper, glue in place and cover in Glossy Accents....or put in a coat of glossy accents and fill with a variety of glass beads....the options are endless!
 
 
I also added a few accents to the page with some Dusty Attic chipboard, Baroque Corners is one of my all-time favourite chippies, it's one of those accents that fit in anywhere and add a touch of elegance to a page.  I also used one of the Elegant Frames to frame my title.  NOTE:  If you are looking for a great shop to purchase Dusty Attic Chippies in North America (USA & Canada), my friend Vicky Alberto is have a 20% off sale on all purchases over $25.00 from now until December 1st.  I noticed she has a lot of the newest DA chippies in as well!  You can find her Estsy shop here ~~> Simply Paper & Embellishments
 
 
And last but certainly not least, I have to tell you about these cute lil natural floral accents I got from Lucy at Tresors de Luxe Etsy shop!!  I got hit hard with the flu yesterday while working on this page and I wanted no more than to just crawl into bed and rest!  So I had to work quickly to get this page done.  I grabbed a couple of loose blooms I had in my stash and then took one of Lucy's natural floral accents and was quickly able to put together a nice floral cluster.  No fussing about with tying twine, bundling blooms or wire accents....all I had to do was glue it down.   If you haven't seen her etsy shop you are in for a treat, her shop is just packed with gorgeous laces, doiles, blooms and floral sprays!
 
Well, that's my post for today....I'm off to get me a little bit of rest, hope this flu doesn't stick to long.  Thanks everyone for stopping by today! xo

19 comments:

Amarilys said...

gorgeous layout! love the picture, large heart, and awesome embellies! great colors and designs too!

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Wow this is so pretty.

mommyx2 said...

Gabrielle I agree Brandon's papers are outstanding, but I think you can make any paper look Stunning. This is simply gorgeous.

I was wondering where you get the beautiful lace flowers you use on your layouts I've been trying to find it for a long time. The one you use as a border around the heart. I Did not see it on the etsy shop.

mommyx2 said...

Hope you are feeling better!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Yes, your right...the smaller lace I used around my heart was something I picked up off the roll at a local discount fabric store. Sometimes you just need a small lace design (I will mention to Lucy it might be a good idea for her to carry some thinner lace designs as well! :) (I'll look and see if my local fabric store still has it ...they tend to just get 1 roll in and move on to the next....I'll let you know if I found more :)

mommyx2 said...

Thank you!!! I will keep looking but let me know if you happen to find it again. Sooo pretty and feminine. Thank you for all your inspiration.

Megs said...

just beautiful Gabrielle!!

Romy said...

What a perfect lay-out this is! It is so pretty in pink and I just love the ornaments!

Patty O'Malley said...

How pretty is this!! I love the frames for the cameos--really sets them off. Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is jaw-dropping gorgeous, Gabi! So sorry about that flu bug .. hope it doesn't linger!

Cindy Gay said...

Oh wow! Such beautiful texture and design!

Vicky Alberto said...

Sorry to hear you have the flu... but GORGEOUS layout (and papers!)... thanks for the link to my shop too. Big great hugs and hope you feel better soon. I've never had the flu (seriously!) but I hear it is awful.

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is gorgeous.. I always love your layouts, so beautiful, very feminine and you always share your hints and tips too.. and I do hope the flu will go very quickly from your body and you will feel well again soon!

Maria said...

This is stunning as usual Gabrielle! I especially love the stenciling. Thanks so much for getting back to me about that leaf die. I hope you're feeling better soon. x

Sarah - Crea S said...

Beautiful Gabrielle! Those cameo's look groot and adore those warm colours mixed with the pink!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.com/

Amy Voorthuis said...

I hope you've got your rest and feeling better again hon!! It alwaus happens when you can't use it :-(..... This page is beautiful and so detailed...and I'm with you on Brandin's designs they always so
gorgeous I love her own designs the best...the lace you used is stunning too....hugs xxx

Amy Voorthuis said...

Oops forgot to tell you I love your handmade glitter cameo jewel ;-)

Unknown said...

Omg!!!Your projects are gorgeous I have not seen anything like it,I am a fan to your work I am very happy to have fund your Chanel,thank you so much for sharing your beautiful projects Big Hugs olga

Mary Elizabeth said...

What a great idea for a trinket. Love the use of the glitter glue. Wow! It's just perfect for this LO. -- Mary Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails