Saturday, January 10, 2015

Metal and Glass OTP Project {Bo Bunny Pearlescents and Jewels}


Hi all! Here is my first project for 2015!  This one was so fun and easy! ....Years ago I was shopping in a cute little art boutique and saw some lovely metal/glass art.  I wanted to create a similar look (for a LOT less money, LOL) so I used some 3D bronze paint on some inexpensive dollar store shot glasses....this was the result....


I wasn't sure how well these would hold up, but after more than 15 years, they have held up very well!  I use mild dish soap and warm water to wash them up (don't put in dishwasher).   So, when I was playing with some of the NEW Bo Bunny Pearlescents they other day, it occurred to me that the Bronze Pearlescents would work nicely for a OTP project using another glass design.


Basically you only need 3 things for this project....The Bronze tube of Bo Bunny Pearlescents, your favorite color of the Bo Bunny Jewel packets and an inexpensive glass vase to decorate.


My first step was to apply some long squiggly lines to create the basic shape of my Infinity Tree.  I did a few branches and then let the paint set for 10 minutes or so.  Then I would begin layering on more branches and thickened out the trunk as well.  If you are overlapping some areas, like the trunk, try to wait a few minutes between applications so that the paint doesn't meld into the bottom layer.  This way you get nice distinct lines and good definition.


When I was almost done adding branches, I started applying some of my jewels....here I used the Bo Bunny 'Aqua' Jewels packet.  I love the way aqua looks with bronze!


Here's a close-up of the tree design.  I finished the design by carrying the branches all the way around the back, linking to each other, creating an infinity design.


Finally, I added some extra gems to decorate the neck of the bottle as well as the cork stopper, easily done with the jewel strips in the BB Jewel packet. Easy-peasy!  

I hope you enjoyed todays OTP (off the page) project and will give this technique a try in your own projects!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Your kind comments and feedback are much appreciated! xo


10 comments:

Dodie said...

Love this! The blue with the bronze is gorgeous!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful!

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow! That is gorgeous!!

Kathy Bradley said...

I know I keep saying this and you must hear it from every person commenting - but your work is amazing and gorgeous. What a gorgeous bottle!

Carol said...

Love this idea.

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You're back! !!! Fantastic little project! I love the beautiful tree idea!!

mamablitger said...

Gabrielle as always you do inspire me. You are able to make me wanting to do that project NOW. Your ideas are so fabulous and creative. This glass decorating idea looks great. And yes you are right : the bronze looks awesome with turquise.
Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. You are such a skilled woman !!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Megan P. Ernst said...

Very pretty! I love the colors together as well as the gems.

Heather said...

this is just stunning!! love the ideas. and what a great way to upcycle

Julie said...

You are so clever and inspirational. I have just found your blog and I am in awe of your beautiful projects. Hope some of it 'rubs off' on my crafting.

Julie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails