Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mixed Media Revamped Phone Cover {Bo Bunny - Penny Emporium}


Mixed Media Phone cover by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Penny Emporium collection and mixed media products

Hi all, it's Gabrielle here with you today to share a makeover I gave to an old phone cover.  My youngest daughter got a brand new phone a few months back and promptly lost/got it stolen when she was using a public washroom.  So she then inherited my oldest daughters cast off phone.  To cheer her up, I thought I'd fancy up the old phone case that was on it for her.  


Here is a pic of the old phone cover....I think it even has a few bite marks in it from our naughty dog! But that was no problem, I just gave the phone case a quick brushing with some Gesso....when that dried I used some heavy gel paste with BoBunny's 'Brocade' Stickable Stencil over random sections of the surface. I left part of it flat/untextured so that I could add a bit of the Penny Emporium patterned paper as well.  


Once the texture paste was dry, I gave the whole thing a coat of Chocolate Pearlescents, adding a streak of Graphite Pearlescents here and there, to give a nice brushed metalic look to it.  The decorating was easy-peasy, I just added a few chipboard cogs and then layered on some pieces from the Penny Emporium Layered Chipboard packet.  The final touch was to add some gems from the Double Dot Mocha Jewels packet.   The phone cover put a big smile on my daughters face!

Bo Bunny Products used in this Project:
Patterned Paper: Penny Emporium (6x6 paper pack)
Layered Chipboard: Penny Emporium
Stickable Stencils: Cascade
Pearlescents: Chocolate, Graphite
Double Dot Jewels: Mocha

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, your kind words and feedback always make my day! xo

Gabrielle xo xo

7 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

What an awesome phone cover! And, now your daughter, even though she has an older phone, has a one-of-a-kind beautiful phone case! I love it. Just as an aside - two Summers ago, I drowned my phone in my pool - unbeknownst to me, as I was going down the steps into the pool, my iPhone got knocked in the pool. Well after floating around for a couple of hours, I went to check the time on my phone that was suppose to be on the deck around the pool - uh oh - no phone. I killed my phone! Being well over the age of consent - I have no excuse. My sweet hubby said - "You'd think you were a teenager!" So, off I went, mumbling under my breath, to AT&T and bought a new iPhone!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Haha, if only it were that easy for Megs, my poor hubby is going broke keeping this family in phones! Couple years ago my oldest dropped her phone in a stream she and her friend were playing in...she managed to save her phone but the battery was ruined (it also set off the color sensor inside the phone that shows it got wet, thereby nullifying any warranties on the phone).....So far the only one who has kept their phone in good shape is me (I use mine to record my video tutorials....so I'm meticulous about keeping it safe ;)

Patty O'Malley said...

Fabulous! Certainly a cover no one else has!

Kathy G. said...

Gorgeous Gabi! I love the colors. I know how your husband feels - my son and husband have new smart phones (guess that means I have the dumb phone). Oh well.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Lol....you just gave me a good laugh Kathy! xo

Pawsitively Creative said...

I do enjoy and good phone case makeover! This is a total upgrade from the original. I can definately see why it brought a smile to your daughters face. Awesome sauce! Hugz. ~Niki

Denise van Deventer said...

A stunning project and I am sure your daughter loved it! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails