Saturday, March 4, 2017

Mosaic Video Tutorial! {TCW & Shimmerz Paints}


So guess what?! The stencils are finally hitting the stores!  Just got word from Janene over at The Scrapbook Diaries that the NEW stencils I designed for TCW (The Crafter's Workshop) are finally in the house!  (I was a little premature showing my last tutorial for the Bride book....got a lot of emails asking where to get,...and they weren't in yet! lol!)  This time I have somewhere to send you! :)


For this project I used the stencil I designed for The Crafters Workshop called 'Stained Glass Daisies' TCW657.  The photo you see above is an extra canvas I made using acrylic paints.  But in the following video tutorial I used a variety of Shimmerz Paints Products to create my Mosaic canvas.  Time to grab yourself a cup of coffee (or tea), kick back, relax and enjoy!



Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial....and easy, right?  Almost like painting in a coloring book!  And you get a mosaic effect without having to cut and match pieces, it's all done for you, just a few swipes with some texture paste and your can get your creative on with coloring!


This is a still shot of the stencil I created in the video tutorial using the Shimmerz paints, here I used a wash in the 'grout' lines, giving more of a vintage look.  For the canvas at the top of this blog I simply used TCW's Black Gesso for the background and TCW's Ultra Thick Molding Paste for the stencil and then painted with some favorite acrylic paint colors.


But Getting back to the canvas in the video....I used a variety of Shimmerz Paints products for this one and finished the design by adding some Dusty Attic Grasses at the bottom of the canvas.

Shimmerz Paint Products used in this Tutorial:

Creameez: Get Glowing, Peachie Keen, Sage It Isn't So, Boogie Boardin' Blue, Purple Rain, Black Cherry Cola, Strawberry Fields
Inklingz: Greener Pastures
Coloringz: Chocolate Brownie

You can pick up your Shimmerz Paints HERE.  NOTE: Be sure to mention my name 'Gabrielle' in your next order to receive a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice! 

Just imagine all the places you can use this mosaic stencil design....on the cover of an art journal, ...on a tissue box cover,...on a keepsake box....I can't wait to see what you all come up with using this fun new stencil!  Be sure to tag me in if you post something using the stencil, I just love to see what you all create using them!  As I mentioned you can now find them at The Scrapbook Diaries (USA & Canada, she also ships International)....I also heard that The Mad Scrapper in the UK has them in as well!  (Just click on the links to take you there).  If you don't like to shop online you can always check your local scrap store or art shop (many now carry TCW products!)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  I always appreciate and read all the lovely comments and feedback! They make my day! xo


7 comments:

mamablitger said...

Thank you for a lovely video showing another of your fabulous stencils. You have truly designed some awesome designs. I also LOVE your bride album. I'm looking forward to get these stencils.
Can I ask what you call ( or where to buy ) the yellow prill looking clusters you used on the top of this lovely mosaic ? If one chose to use flower stamens you have to use many. The ones you are using look like the type I have been looking for.. can you help me by telling name or where to buy ?? Please ??
Thanks again for sharing your awesome art.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Lizzyc said...

Magnificent! Always love what you create, I need the mosaic stencils, the end result looks so beautiful!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

gorgeous work! thanks for the video tutorial :)

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, beautiful work on both of them, love watching it all come together!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gabrielle, this is stunning. Go gorgeous and the colors are beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

This is beautiful!

Teakberry said...

I adore your work! You inspired me to start experimenting with mixed media art before I ever even knew the term. Now I have an etsy shop and my house is full of supplies and creative goodies. I love your talent. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails