Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Nautical Cards with NEW BoBunny 'Boardwalk' Collection!!

Nautical Cards made by Gabrielle Pollacco using the BoBunny Boardwalk collection papers and embellishments

Hello my friends!  Just a few days ago I got my new Bo Bunny collections in the mail and was so excited about them, that I immediately stopped all other projects just to give this adorable 'Boardwalk' collection a play!  I just LOVE the nautical/beach elements in this collection, lighthouses, ships, starfish, weathered wood.....I just had to take a moment and do up a couple of cards!

Nautical Cards made by Gabrielle Pollacco using the BoBunny Boardwalk collection papers and embellishments

For my first card I used the Boardwalk 6x6 paper pad for my background (I chose the weather wood paper for this), and then cut out the lighthouse image from the 'Sandcastle' paper as my focal point image.  


I then took 2 of the Misc Me Boardwalk pocket square designs (the starfish) and mounted one on the card and then cut out the starfish/title from the other.  I gave the starfish a little dimension by using an embossing tool on the back and rubbing along the lines of the legs.  I also cut out some smaller starfish images from the back of the 'Beach Bliss' paper and did the same with an embossing tool.  It takes a minute to do but makes a big difference in the finished look of the card.  I finished the design with a bit of burlap, some hemp twine and a piece of trim (netting) I got from my sweet friend Janene, at The Scrapbook Diaries.

Nautical Cards made by Gabrielle Pollacco using the BoBunny Boardwalk collection papers and embellishments

For my second card I used the ship postcard design from the Boardwalk 'Beach Bliss' paper as my focal point, and matted it on the dark blue 'Sail Away' paper.  I sandwiched a piece of burlap between the two layers. 


I made the fun anchor design by using a piece of die cut paper (anchor) from the matching 'Noteworthy' pack (this is a pack full of really fun nautical and beach die cuts).  I used Bo Bunny's Chocolate Pearlescents to add a metalic 3D effect.  I added a layered chipboard medalion and added some hemp twine and some bits of denim of some old jeans.

Products used in these cards:
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Boardwalk/Beach Bliss, Sail Away, Sandcastle
6x6 Paper Pad: Bo Bunny Boardwalk
Noteworthy: Boardwalk
Layered Chipboard: Boardwalk
Pearlescents: Chocolate
Hemp Twine
Burlap

The new Bo Bunny products should be in your local stores now (or on their way)!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the lovely comments and feedback, they always make my day! xo

19 comments:

Samra said...

Stunning cards Gabrielle!!! I love anything nautical and your cards warmed my heart and made my day!!! Thank you!!!

MrsMc said...


Gorgeous cards Gabrielle!!

_Nikolka_ said...

super!!!

Gitte said...

Beautiful cards.

Kathy G. said...

Beautiful cards Gabi. Loving the whole nautical theme.

smokeysmom said...

Oh, take me to the beach! Or on a cruise! That's where your beautiful cards are taking me. You're such a fabulous designer, Gabrielle.

Romy said...

Oh wow these are truly amazing, Gabi! The mix of textures on your cards is just so beautiful and I aso love how you captured the nautic feel so well.

Maureen Killen said...

Hi Gabrielle,
What wonderful inspiration you give us. These are beautiful, I can smell the sea here in the U.K.!!
Maureen xx

Martie Rollin said...

I don't like going to the beach, but I so love nautical and beach cards...go figure! LOVE both these cards!! Every detail element makes a difference. I was pleasantly surprised at seeing the jean loops...clever! Nice recycling idea. Definitely adds that masculine touch. I definitely must check out this paper collection. Thanks!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous cards and an awesome new Bo Bunny set - I love anything to do with the sea!

Lizzyc said...

Oh I love these cards! Love the beachy feel to these papers! The hessian looks great too!

Beverley said...

Your cards are always lovely Gabi., and these are certainly no exception ... perfect to have on hand for the men in our lives!

langeatheart said...

These are gorgeous Gabi!!! Love the papers, if only they were on their way. I went to Michaels the other day and they didn't have anything I needed. When I asked if they had chipboard they looked at me like I was an alien and said What's that? I am so doomed! :(

Ann said...

Love!

Steph said...

Beautiful creations. Love everything you do. When sewing on your paper do you use your sewing machine, do it by hand, what????

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi Steph, ...yep, I use a sewing machine, its so much faster than handstitching. I pick up heavy duty upholstery thread to use on my machine, it gives the stitching a little more impact. xo

Sandy said...

Both of your cards are fantastic - having just moved to the beach, I have a fondness for seaside makes!
Sandy xx

Unknown said...

beautiful use of all the elements in the collection, love your use of burlap in your projects

Unknown said...

Where did you find a rubber stamp that that make the paint looks created in the video you created? (the one where you had an anchor, a picket fence, bird of top on the piling etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails